- "Discern the highest value nanoelectronics standards to provide maximum leverage to the industry by providing a platform of common definitions, processes and technologies.
- Identify a small set of near-term standards to jump start nanoelectronics standards development. Frame these standards (define their scope and purpose) to accelerate working group formation and progress. Build momentum within the industry by creating a few quick wins consistent with the longer range standards strategy.
- Complement, not replace, existing industry roadmaps and knowledge bases.
- Provide a framework for efficient communication and collaboration among industry members. Reduce barriers to industry convergence and efficient commerce.
- Speed the development and deployment of high value nanoelectronics standards; consistent with the maturity of processes and technologies.
- Create an extensible and living framework by which nanoelectronics standards development may be managed proactively, strategically and efficiently"
Friday, April 27, 2007
On April 14th, the IEEE Standards Association released a Nanoelectronics Standards Roadmap, version 1.0. This draft is available for public comment from their website. The roadmap is intended to: